Recreation & Entertainment
Celebrations & Festivals
Navasota has much to celebrate all year long, from the annual Texas Birthday Bash? two-day long festival in March to the Home for the Holidays Christmas celebration in December. These events and festivals attract visitors from all throughout Texas, and these events and festivals include:
- Texas Birthday Bash - A two-day festival celebrating Texas's Independence during the first weekend in March. Activities include live music, made in Texas craft vendors, food trucks, the kids' zone, & more.
- Navasota Freedom Festival - Annual Fourth of July parade down Washington Ave., ending with a daylong festival with live music, kids activities, local vendors, cornhole tournaments, fireworks, & more!
- KidFish - A free event for kids of all ages to come out and fish at Patout Pond. The KidFish Foundation provides fishing equipment and help with knot tying, casting, and fish identification.
- First Responders Day - An annual event honoring Grimes County first responders with food, demonstrations, and family friendly activities.
- Monthly Farmers' Market - A monthly Farmers' Market held on the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Navasota Public Library featuring dozens of local agricultural, craft, and food vendors.
- Sounds of Summer Concert Series - The annual concert series hosted by the City of Navasota, featuring live music performances in Downtown Navasota.
- Veterans Day Parade - A joint collaboration between the City of Navasota and the Grimes County Veterans of Foreign War Post 4006 to honor Veterans.
- Treats on the Streets - Organized by the Navasota Police Department, this event promotes a safe environment on Halloween for Trick or Treaters of all ages.
- Navasota Home for the Holidays - A family-friendly event including live music, hot chocolate and Christmas cookies, concluding with a lighted Christmas parade and the Christmas tree lighting.
To learn more about events going on around town, check out Visit Navasota.